TWRP, is for those users you are looking for get the most of it to your Android cell phone. It is a free program, which offers its users the possibility of executing an endless number of tasks through its User Interface menu, Install, Backup, Mount, Advanced, Wipe, Restore, among others, through which you can make updates, delete junk files and much more.
In this sense the Recovery TWRP It is one of the most complete that there is at a technological level and it is compatible with many devices.
What is the Recovery mode for on a cell phone?
Recovery mode is intended to troubleshoot device problems. In fact, this mode is intended for emergency circumstances only. Within it there are a few options that allow you to recover the mobile after failures or internal problems. In turn, through Recovery, it is possible return the cell phone to its factory settings and other similar actions.
What is Custom Recovery?
Android mobiles natively have their own Recovery mode. Even so, for many this mode can become somewhat limited, which is why some users have started the task of create custom versions, also known as Custom Recovery.
The Custom Recovery are precisely modified versions of the original Recovery that add extra functions. They are designed essentially for those users who want to modify or change aspects of their mobile from the bases of their software.
Is it possible to install TWRP without being root user?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to install TWRP if you are not a Root user, since to install a custom Recovery, it is necessary to access advanced system functions. For this reason, it is important that before proceeding with the TWRP installation, make sure your mobile is rooted.
Differences between CWM and TWRP
Possibly the most noticeable difference is that the CWM installation mode requires that access recovery or use external programs. On the other hand, the installation of TWRP is much simpler, its main requirement being that the mobile is rooted.
On the other hand, in terms of the present options, both are very prominent. In any case, it is necessary to point out that TWRP is more advanced and even has touch functionality, which makes it much more comfortable to use.
How to access the recovery mode
The first thing to do to enter Recovery mode is to turn off the device. Now press the volume down button and power button at the same time until the mobile turns on. You will notice that the boot will be different and you will appear in Recovery mode.
Install and update TWRP Recovery on my Android cell phone?
The main thing is to have the root already installed on your Android. This requirement fulfilled. You can choose between two ways to Install and update TWRP Recovery here we will explain the two ways to do it, you choose the one that best suits what you need:
Using the app on Android
- Confirm if your Android device is rooted
- Login to Google play from your cell phone
- Search from there, in the search engine, the official TWRP app click on it and hit the green icon that says “Install” and then accept “. Wait a few seconds while it installs.
- Once the installation is complete, find the app installed on your phone and open it
- Once the blue screen appears, select the terms, conditions and root access, click on “OK” to accept
- Later, choose the option that reads TWRP FLASH, If this part asks you for root access, you simply grant it by pressing where it says “allow”.
- Now, it is our turn to choose our cell phone from the list of options presented to us, if by chance the name of our cell phone does not appear in this list then you will have to make use of form 2 that we will explain later on.
- Once you have chosen your Android cell phone, it’s your turn to choose the version you want to install or update, click on the selected one
- Then you must confirm by pressing where it says “okay”
- Once confirmed, it will take us to the official TWRP website
- And here you can finally download it, by clicking on it. Please wait while it downloads, patience.
- Once the recovery is downloaded, you must return you to the TWRP app
- Then choose the flash file and look within the download options “Download “ place where the recovery file was saved
- Now check next to this to check it and click on select.
- Subsequently, among the options, choose “flash to recovery” in the window that appears, confirm flash by clicking on “0k”.
- After all this, turn off your phone and restart it in recovery, once restarted in this mode you can do what you want.
Using XDA Forum
- This route is for those users who do not see recovery in the initial application.
- Search in Google Play, the official TWRP app, click on it and click on green icon that says “install” and then accept. Wait a few seconds while it installs.
- Once the installation is complete, find the app installed on your phone and open it, select the terms, conditions and root access click on “Ok” to capture.
- Later, choose the option that reads TWRP FLASH, if this part asks for root access, you simply grant it by pressing where it says “allow”.
- Now, we minimize the application, and enter your internet explorer, in the search engine you will have to look for the XDA Forum website once inside the forum look for the recovery manually. Again place in the TWRP forum search engine followed by the name or model of your Android. Several recovery will come out choose the one with the extension .ing, when you find it, click on download
- Once Discovery is downloaded, return to the application
- Now, select flash file, and look for the recovery that you just downloaded with the .ing extension
- Then click on “Flash to recovery” In the window that appears, confirm flash by clicking on “ok”.
- After all this, turn off your cell phone and restart it in recovery mode, once restarted in this mode you can do what you want.
Now if you want to exit recovery, look for the reboot alternative, click on it and then select the “System” alternative. Finally, if your cell phone does not have root, the best alternative is to install TWRP from the computer. However, remember that being an Android root user offers many advantages.
Applications to install Custom Recovery as TWRP
There are several existing applications to install a Custom Recovery, but the most popular are TWRP and ROM Manager. Let’s know a little about these applications for get a personalized recovery.
Official TWRP App
Undoubtedly TWRP is one of the most recommended applications to change the Recovery options of your mobile. You may download TWRP from Play Store and in fact it is this space that we recommend to obtain the application.
An excellent alternative that we have TWRP is ROM Manager, an option that we recommend in the event that you cannot install TWRP. You can too download ROM Manager from Play Store, and then easily install it on your device.